Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Seeing Amsterdam

Yesterday I went to Amsterdam with Uncle Rhonald, Auntie Els, my Dad, my Mum, and my little sister Lucy. We took a half an hour train ride to Amsterdam Central. We were going to go to see a Van Gogh exhibition in a museum. We walked a little way and then we brought some pastries from a nearby cafe. I had a pastry with custard cream in it. It tasted delicious.

Art
One thing I noticed was that some of the buildings are bent or tilted. They looked like they were about to collapse any moment. Also there were canals everywhere.

After I finished my pastry we walked a little farther and then we finally got there. We looked at the starting pictures and then we looked at the greatest hits such as the bedroom and Van Gogh's self-portraits.

Then we walked to a Moroccan restaurant. I had a chicken kebab, some fries, some pattie-like things, and chocolate-and-vanilla icecream. Then we went back to the railway station and caught a train back home. On the way to the station we looked at some statues from a famous picture.*

When we got home I played a bit and then I had a ham-and-cheese sandwich for dinner. Then I had a bath and went to bed.  

[* Rembrandt's 'Night Watch'. Ed.]

2 comments:

  1. I also enjoy the greatest hits at times. I'm glad you are having a good time and enjoying your meals.

    ReplyDelete