Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Long Train Journey

Today we caught a train from Ljubljana to Zagreb. The journey was two-and-a-half hours long.

Eventually we got to Zagreb and walked to the hotel. We found out that the hotel room wasn't going to be ready for an hour. We left our bags at the hotel and went walking.

While we were waiting we walked to a restaurant and I had vegetable stew in a bowl with bread. I didn't like that much at all.

The funicular
Then we went to a café and I had a meringue and a whole peeled banana with a thin layer of chocolate over it. It was one of the best desserts I ever had.

When the desserts were over we went to a funicular railway to the upper
town.

We walked around the up town for a bit and went to a museum called the Museum Of Broken Relationships which to me wasn't very interesting.

After the museum we went to a café and I had a lemonade (although it wasn't very good lemonade).

We went to a mall after the museum and got some calzone from a bakery. We went and got some drinks from a juice bar.

Then we went to a park to eat it and fead crumbs to the birds.

  

2 comments:

  1. Well vegetable stew sounds good to me. And yes meringue and chocolate!! I do like feeding birds in the park too. In Blockley we are fighting to save a few strawberries in the garden from the birds to feed ourselves and the tortoise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your campaign against the crows. Over and out!

    ReplyDelete