Monday, July 15, 2013

Dubrovnik, Here We Come!

Today we packed our bags and got ready for a bus ride to Dubrovnik.

The bus ride was four hours long. Mainly I just read my books and looked out of the window. 

Three quarters into the journey the bus stopped and we had a break.

When we got off the bus the nice lady who owned the apartment we were staying in picked us up in a car and drove to the apartment. 

The apartment was very big and inviting. It looked very comfy.

When we had finished looking about we went out to pizza place. I think pizza in Italy and Croatia is much better then the pizza at home. The best things about the pizza in Italy is that the crust is much thinner and it is much less salty. The secret to a good pizza is a wood-fired oven. 

When we were done eating the delicious pizza we went to a glasses shop and brought a pair of sunglasses for my dad because his old ones got broken. I advised him on what pairs looked cool and which pairs were lame looking.

After buying the sunglasses we walked around a bit and then had a look at the beach. We decided it was worth going to and went back to the apartment to get our beach things. 

My dad looking cool
When we got to the beach I made a fort of big rocks against the waves. It was good exercise because I had to run and lift weights. After half an hour of doing that I went home.  

2 comments:

  1. Andre I think we need to see a photograph of those cool sunglasses that your father is wearing! You are looking pretty strong in that picture on the beach. Did Lucy help move all those stones? Dubrovnic looks really pretty. I must check my facts but I think it is in Croatia? I agree with you that pizza is a superior food. Especially for vegetarians.

    ReplyDelete