Saturday, July 6, 2013

Art Museums and Seafood

Gondola
Yesterday we got the vaporetto and took it the Guggenheim Museum. On the way there we saw lots of boats: police boats, speed boats, other vaporetti, cargo boats, and lots of gondolas (which are the taxi boats in Venice with only one paddle). Also we noticed that some of the buildings were slightly tilted. Some buildings the plaster had peeled off and you could see the exposed brick in places.

When we got to the museum we saw some 20th century European and American art. After that we went to the Accademia museum which had religious art. I wasn't very interested my Dad and I did see some funny things here and there. There was one picture of the Last Supper and I thought it was funny that Judas got paid for saying common sense. It was obvious who was Jesus because he had a halo.
At the Accademia. I feel like
I'm being watched.

After another art museum we took a vaporetto back towards home then we went to a gelato place called Alaska which people say is supposed to make the best gelato in Venice. I had a waffle cone with vanilla icecream with chocolate chips. Then we went home.

At home we had a brief rest and then we went out to a fancy restaurant and I had a traditional Venetian dish. It was a platter with deep fried seafood including squid, prawns, and shrimp there was also deep fried vegetables. It was really crunchy with delicious seafood flavours and a little salt. I liked it a lot.

Seafood at Vecio Fritolin.

No comments:

Post a Comment