Sunday, July 29, 2012

Trying New Food

Looking at this makes me feel sad I ate one
Yesterday we went to see a jewellery shop. They had cutlass earrings, silver and gold filigree work. Then we went to a fancy hotel restaurant for a juice. We went back to the hostel to have a break. At 3pm went on a three-hour boat trip on the river. There were loads of birds. We were supposed to see a lot of monkeys but I was disappointed because we only saw a few. But there were loads of giant iguanas on the banks of the river. We went to the same hotel restaurant for dinner as we did for juice. We had spaghetti and lemonade. We also got to try two traditional Momposian desserts. One was a cooked banana plantain with jelly. The other was candied lime peel. Both were very tasty and sweet. If you have the candied lime peel with cheese, which I did, it tastes sour and sweet at the same time.

4 comments:

  1. Hopefully you had a good journey to Cartagena and will remember fondly your trip to Mompox. It was a pleasure to have you and your family stay with us.....even though you destroyed my Angry Birds records!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candied lime peel sound scrummy with or without cheese. I agree with you on the Iguana question. Definitely a not-eat creature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the different foods sound wonderful. I was thinking of you and Lucy today at T&T. There were lots of sample booths today. You would have enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Richard: It has been a great time in Mompox. I loved your hostel Casa Amarilla. It was the most wonderful place I have stayed in for the whole trip. I also miss seeing Monty chewing up our empty plastic water bottles.

    Auntie Wendy: Yes, it was pretty scrummy. When I saw the iguana I did feel guilty. I may have eaten his imported relation.

    Kowfu: I really do miss having dim sum and samples at T&T. I saw the Olympic opening ceremony and the real Queen parachuted into the stadium.

    ReplyDelete