Monday, July 23, 2012

A Day at the Beach

Today we took a boat out to a beach called Playa Blanca. The sand was really soft and warm. There were a lot of small waves. I went snorkelling in the murky turquoise water. I didn't go very far because you get out of your depth pretty quickly and there weren't many fish. After a while I got bored so I came out and had a snack of a few biscuits. It was very busy and there were tables shaded by tents made with tarpaulin and palm tree wood. There was a whole lot of litter around. Very frequently people would come up and try to sell you things such as little statues, necklaces, food, drinks, and massages. It was a bit boring. The speedboat rides to and from the beach were fun, though. For lunch we had a fish called mojarra, which was maybe a tilapia. It was very tasty but the skin was very hard.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andre! This is Auntie Sandy! Aunty sent me the link to your blog - I think it's awesome! Was your whole body really buried under sand, except your head?! I've been to Cartegena also, but only briefly, as I was on a cruise ship. Did you see the Panama Canal locks yet? That is amazing to see! Well, hope you enjoy yourself immensely, every minute! Bye bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes my whole body was really buried under the sand. The picture was taken in Los Roques. We will go to see the Panama Canal but Panama is the last place we are going to go.

    ReplyDelete