Friday, July 20, 2012

My New Hat

Today was a public holiday called Independence Day. The streets were a bit quieter and a lot of the shops were shut. So today we went round walking in the old town looking at the architecture and museums. The first place we visited was the San Pedro Claver Church and Monastery. There was a courtyard filled with lots of old trees and a cage with two talkative parrots. In the church there was a coffin built into the altar with a glass panel so you could see San Pedro's body.

We stopped in a little shop and Daddy bought me a Panama—a white one with a black band. In the late afternoon we went up on the roof terrace at the apartment and we took pictures of me with my Panama. What do you think of my hat?





5 comments:

  1. Very sharp looking!! What about the purple hat? Didn't you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A glass coffin sounds like something from a fairy tale. And also perhaps not very nice. As for the hat, it suits you very well and is SOOOooo much better than the crazy purple one. Does Lucy have a hat too? and is she scared to go near parrots after being 'bitten' before. I'm thinking pecked is more accurate perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hat, sweetie!!!!!! Hope you guys are having a great time. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great hat; Victor Laszlo wears a similar one in 'Casablanca' (A great film) - I think you look EVEN cooler than him.

    I'm disappointed you are not extending your trip to fit in Blockley. It is a very cultural experience with wonderful snorkelling opportunities in the fish bowl (Four varieties of goldfish!).

    Also - I wish I could have tried the cake with three types of milk too, unfortunately I don't have milk anymore so it is a joy that will forever be denied me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kowfu: I didn't like the purple one any way. I think that purple is a bad colour on me.

    Auntie Wendy: No she is not afraid of parrots even despite being bitten by Helen's rats. I don't like the colour purple.

    Auntie: Thank you. We're having a great time.

    Helen: I don't think I would be able to put my head in the fish bowl. I probably wouldn't even need my snorkel since it's fresh water. I like being cool.

    ReplyDelete