Sunday, July 1, 2012

Notes From A Small Island

Posada Movida

This charming little parrot lives in a cage outside the posada
Today I arrived in Los Roques in a small plane. It's a bunch of small islands of the coast of Venezuela. There were ten seats on the plane including the pilots. We went to a beach by a motorboat. It was a lot of fun. I went snorkelling. It was nice and warm. I was standing still looking at the fish when they started staring at me like I was a tourist attraction. Afterwards my sister Lucy buried me in sand. We are staying in the Posada Movida. It is nice and cozy. The food is really nice here.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very relaxing place. Does the parrot talk? (Spanish).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is very relaxing. The parrot does not speak Spanish. He doesn't speak at all.

      Delete
    2. Is this the same parrot that bit Lucy?

      Delete
    3. Yes, that was the parrot that bit Lucy. She had to have some polysporin put on it. Tee hee, that's a joke.

      Delete
    4. That joke is pitiful. Your flight will now be many hours late. Karma.

      Delete
  2. Looks a fabulous place, hope you're all having fun. I noticed that the web site says it is windy all the time and a good place for kite-surfing. Have you seen any?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen a few kite surfers and it's true that it's windy here a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture of you in the sand. We watched someone bury a dog like that on the beach in Wales. The dog was easily able to dig himself out.

    ReplyDelete