Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Last Beach

Today we didn't do much and I didn't have much to eat because I ended up vomiting again in the morning. I stayed in bed because I was ill and I had to have a lot to drink including ginger ale which I didn't particularly like because my taste buds don't like any fizzy drinks.

I played cards and read my books and as time went on I started to feel better. Later, when I felt 99% well I went to the games room and had a two-on-two series of games of table football with Lucy and two Spanish-speaking children who were in the games room. It was boys versus girls and the girls won most of the games. We only won one of the games.



Later we drove for a little bit in the car and went to a white sand beach. There was a lot of dry wood lying around in various shapes and sizes and there were sand crabs, hermit crabs, and reddish crabs. I went in the water for a bit and it was nice and warm and pleasant. There were no fish to see when we went snorkelling. It was probably the last beach we are going to go to on this vacation.
He tickles Daddy's foot
Beats any famous painting (drawn by me)

When we got back we had showers and started writing this blog, and Mummy discovered a giant green grasshopper on the bed. Daddy managed to get it off by catching it in two origami paper boxes which I made.

2 comments:

  1. Was I right about Mummy not wanting to share her space with exotic insects then? I'm glad you are feeling better now. It is sad to hear you say 'the last beach'. Are you looking forward to going back home or do you wish for another 6 weeks holiday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tired of travelling right now so I think I'm looking forward to going back to things I'm used to and to cold weather. My birthday's coming up anyway.

    You were right about Mummy not wanting to share her space with exotic insects. [Doesn't mind sharing space with the harmless ones, but objects to mosquitoes and other biters, and doesn't particularly want a giant bright green grasshopper in the bed. So fussy. Ed.]

    ReplyDelete