Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A Day of Not Doing Much

Yesterday we went to a small nearby town called Pedasí to go get some things for meals for the next two days at Eco Venao because we're not going out to eat. We don't want to go up and down that hill in the car too often and we have a full kitchen. After shopping we went for a bun and a drink at a small café nearby. I had a chocolate croissant and some milk.

We spent part of the afternoon inside. Later I went to the games room at the lodge on foot through the green and jungly area. There are lots of howler monkeys and we heard them again over breakfast. There are also crickets, various weird bugs, house lizards, stripy lizards, parrots, and hummingbirds.

For dinner we had pasta with sardines soaked in tomato sauce.

As I went up to my bedroom I noticed that there was a giant frog hopping up the stairs beside me. When it got to the top it hid behind a potted plant and started assassinating the flies.

When I went to my room I noticed a few things. There was a house lizard sitting super still on my table, a giant moth on the ceiling, and I have my own private balcony. I got into my big red two-person bed and vomited. I didn't feel too well after that, but I finally managed to get some sleep. The house lizards were going click-click-click, and it was driving me totally bananas.

4 comments:

  1. Thankyou lots, I am obliged to announce that your blog is excellent!

    Lock lizard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh André I'm really sorry to hear that you were ill. Bad luck, I hope you feel better now.

    Do you mind having loads of bugs and lizards sharing your room? What about Lucy and Mummy? I can remember holiday nights with noisy creatures keeping us awake, cicadas in our case (which are like big flying grasshoppers) Max was about your age then and he and Helen were not at all brave about having one of these in their room!

    You give such a good description of Eco Venao, I can almost imagine being there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Auntie Wendy: It was so annoying that Daddy said he would attack the first lizard he saw. Don't worry about me being sick. I feel a lot better now.

    [Actually, there was a large yet invisible and loud-voiced house lizard in our bedroom the last two nights which woke us up several times. I may have uttered vague threats, but did not carry them out. In general I'm very much in favour of lizards. Ed.]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lock Lizard: Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete